Saturday, July 4, 2015

National Association of Schools of Art and Design letter, dated April 1, 1999, regarding my student loan debt from the new Computer Graphics graduate program 1988-October 1, 1990, at Pratt Institute

I attended and walked in a graduation ceremony at Pratt Institute in May, 1999, for the first time.  I did not have money previous to that year, starting from 1991, to go to New York, stay there, and attend graduation.  I do not have money to pay my student loan bills, and, they amounted to, originally, $24,000.  I paid all of my credit card debt, the Pratt Institute loan, and whatever I could of the the NYSHESC student loans, and Mo. student loan debt prior to 1996.  In 1996, I was invited to help teach at Washington University's School of Engineering, System Science Computer Lab without pay, and, was working on contract, being paid with no benefits, placed at Monsanto Headquarters, Facilities Dept.  The paying job ended, with me being told that the employer needed "an Engineer", while I was told at W.U., that I "was never an employee nor a student, and, if I returned to the campus I would charged with trespassing".   I submitted info to W.U. regarding request for money to continue teaching and using Alias Studio software, by me, but, I was never given any money.  In 2003, after ACM-SIGGRAPH, I was sent, by mail, by Alias/wavefront, Inc. in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, a CD of Maya Personal Learning Edition software.  I called and requested any new info they had, since I was unable to attend SIGGRAPH that year.  This CD contained a picture of a Pratt CG 1990 graduate, named Joaquin Margot (Gil), who was living in Madrid, Spain in 1997, and, working for a company named SGO - www.sgo.es.  I do not know where Joachim, or, Joaquin Margot Gil is now.  I received e-mail from a friend of his, named Susan Kayser, in 2014, who lives in Germany, and, is a Registered Architect, there.  She knew Joachim prior to 1988, when I first met him, as a classmate in my Computer Graphics classes.  She told me she had lived with him in Madrid, Spain, prior to 1988, and, said that his mother (being of Spanish nationality) had property there.

No comments: