Monday, April 28, 2014

Maya Video Products, Inc. drawings - "Barco" projectors placed in spaces. All work created is mine.

Maya Video Products, Inc. " large room " created from floor plan of Grand Central Station in New York, in December,1990.
I was given this floor plan when I asked my employer for more information, one day.  This is all that he gave me.  I was never given any books, any previous computer drawings, any names of previous employees.  I was told the name of the company who had sold the computer and software to them, and called them.  The guy who talked to me on the phone sent a .dwg AutoCAD file of a chair, which is shown in the picture.  I found, when using the AutoCAD software in my home office, that this chair is created from an Autodesk program.  I had software in my home office because Dennis Orne, R.A., provided a computer and the software for me, in order to produce some drawings for him, after 1998.  The drawings were printed, in St. Louis, at a company that had a large printer and the AutoCAD software, in  early 1994.  I was unable to find a company that had the software and printer before 1994.  I brought the file back with me from New York, to have my own copy, when I left there, right before Christmas, 1990, after I was told to "go home for Christmas", was shown the door, and accused of stealing an electronic item from the back room, by the same man who I showed all of these drawings to, on their computer.  I showed him the location of the drawing files on their computer, and the program I had written to size the rooms and place the projectors in rooms of various sizes. I never heard from this company again.  I had never been outside of my area at the computer that they showed me to use.  I walked to the door every day for lunch.  In December, 1990,  my poster that I had created in October and November, 1990, for the A/E/C Expo was shown, in the Poster Exhibit, at the conference.  This was a red/green/blue poster, similar in mind to my thesis "Visualizing Order".  This was the only showing of anything thesis-related that I have ever had, since leaving New York, on January 15, 1991.   I colored these drawings, by hand, after 1998.  The colored drawings are posted on another of my blogs.

Right click in order to select to open in another window, and view the drawing at a larger scale.


"Barco projector" created from an original, in the office of Maya Video Products, Inc., with AutoCAD software.

No comments: