Monday, April 28, 2014

Drawings created in the Paint program of Windows 7 Accessories, and sent to Willem Davis Van Bakergem, by mail, after being printed.

Right click to see at a larger scale
Green car, created 6-6-2012
Drawings created on my computer, following work at Washington University in 1996.  W. Davis Van Bakergem had an online card company, called www.trina.net, and, his son worked a stand-alone booth of these cards at the St. Louis Galleria shopping mall.  After talking to some guy he had worked with, in the Central West End of St. Louis, I started submitting these drawings to "Dave", as he is known, for work, with a purchase price named in the letters sent with the drawings.  I have never heard back from him.  He was employed, more recently, at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, in the Dept. of History.  I have seen him there, through the UMSL Continuing Education series, and, since I graduated from a reciprocal program with the University of Missouri, I have had Alumni-Friend membership with the University of Missouri-St. Louis.  I have participated in outside activities that are connected to these two schools - the "What is a City" continuing education series topic has been of importance to me, as a city resident, living on the city/county line.  In 1998, the development of Washington Avenue, in downtown St. Louis, opened up Live/Work Studios, and Art St. Louis had an Open Studios event, where I volunteered.  On June 25, 2013, I had my own home office, located in my city house, on the Open Studios event.  These are sketches.  The first drawings I submitted to him were of greater detail, and, I spent more time on them.  In 2005, my own car was stolen while parked in front of my house, and no one has ever been named as the person who stole the car.  I received a phone call, saying that the car was recovered, and I was told the car was parked outside of the parking lot where I was told to come see the car, in January, 2006.  According to a document I was shown, the car was recovered from a Pick 'n Pull recycling lot, and not from the street outside of the city stolen vehicles parking lot.  The police officer, who called me, named 'Shade', was the same officer who threatened me with a club after a neighbor called police, when I was unable to move out of a parking spot on Berthold Avenue, behind my house.  This police officer appeared on the front page of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper, and was charged, in a large criminal case, involving many stolen vehicles in the city of St. Louis, that had been 'towed', after January, 2006.  
 

Shuttle car - created 6-9-2012

Tires car - created 6-9-2012

No comments: