Friday, February 7, 2014

Upstate New York Architectural job - freelance - while a graduate student at Pratt Institute, 1989-90 - all hand drawings, done by developing, originally, from concept sketches


Photos of the completed house, sent to me by the owner Larry Harman, A.I.A.

click image to see large
Two of the hand drawings completed for the design development phase, of the Summer House belonging to Laurence and Barbara Harman, in Old Chatham, located in Columbia County, New York.  The site and concept belonged to Laurence Harman, A.I.A.  After meeting with him, and his wife, I visited the site in upstate New York, and, saw many older buildings.  This lead me to buy some books on historical structures in New York.  The contextural design developed after these research activities - a modern, historical house.  When those design development drawings were completed, he handed off the project to another woman in his Manhattan office, for production document completion. 

http://www.hjarchitects.net/ 

At this time, I was a Registered Architect in New York, myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's very trouble-free to find out any matter onn net as compared
to textbooks, as I found this article at this website.


Feel free to surf to my web blog: Las Vegas Frigidaire Repairman